Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lookin good

My new pewter.

Bob's new pewter.

Hi! As you may have noticed we have been burning the candle at both ends here at GGS! Its good, because now we are ahead instead of behind, which is unusual. My next thing is to make one of a kind pieces like the bezels with sculpted interiors. I love making those. I'm also working on a new Guidebook to Little Magical Things Vol. 3, this time focusing on new and most favorite pieces with some articles and drawings by me and Andrew. I wonder if I can do it before Bead and Button? Probably end up going blind with major hand cramps. Its a goal anyway. I won't try to draw every single bead we have, its pointless trying to make a completely up to date catalog because I am what you call 'prolific' and can't keep up with myself. So I shall make a 'best of' book that will look like a sketchbook with nice descriptions and histories. I am fond of things with a history...I am distracted by a strange low moaning outside. It sounds almost like a cow, which would be impossible up here (mountainous suburbs). I'm imagining a great hairy beast with spots and big black eyes, waiting for me under the porch when I take Kitsune out. Hopefully this isn't the case, as beast sightings haven't occurred in weeks (Azalea is good at detecting monsters) so the low moaning must belong to a giant groundhog or injured owl. Good night!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!

Christina J. said...

Lookin very good! Can't wait to visit your booth at B&B. :)

Cynthia Thornton said...

ill be fun to see you there! And thanks, you guys!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

the moaning is coming from me, in NY, coveting your new work, and Bob's too. I can make that sound awfully loud (sorry--I didn't mean to bother you!) when I want things of beauty, which these are!!! Super great wonderful work! Save some of your pieces for us stay at homes for when you return! Hooray! You rule!

jean!

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Jean! I'm going to try and persuade Cynthia and Greg and Azalea to come up after Bead and Button and when I move into my new apartment. Perhaps I can encourage them to make a short drive up and we'll visit you? It'd be nice to visit with one of our favorite stay at homes.

Debra Winchell said...

I think I like Bob Burkett's beads almost as much as I do yours. I only have about 4 necklaces featuring your beads waiting to be finished. How would an ordinary beader like me find Bob Burkett's beads to buy? I'd love to have some more to play with!