Monday, July 04, 2011

Wonder Cabinet Butterflies








Create beautiful little butterfly creatures to place into wonder cabinets, incorporate into charming mobiles or sew into lovely dolls. This workshop will cover a wide variety of useful techniques: basic sculpting, raised effects on paper and wire, molding polymer and quick painting finishes. Many supplies will be provided, especially the more unusual ones like interference paints and polymer mediums. Various molds will also be available.


I am very excited to teach this workshop at Art Fest 2012! These little lovelies are really enchanting! I filled a shadowbox with a variety of them and displayed them along with my other butterfly specimens and they look pretty realistic at first glance. Observant folks always do a double take and lean in for a closer look, which always pleases me. These are so much fun to make and delightful to decorate with. I think they would also make beautiful ornament gifts. Join Andrew and I for this charming workshop this spring at Art Fest!

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That is just delightful! What a great set of classes you have planned. Your students will be so lucky to be able to soak up the inspiration from you two! Enjoy the day!
Erin

Elysian Studios said...

Those are beautiful Cynthia! That workshop would be a very special experience! You continue to inspire me with all of the mediums you use to express your artful visions!

My Life Under the Bus said...

These are lovely! Such a sweet idea - I love the blue one - I can picture them living in a forest in Ireland somewhere.

Kathy Van Kleeck said...

How much fun!!! Wonderful concept and should be a delight for the students. Beautiful!