Thursday, November 04, 2010

handcrafted jewelry


Have you seen the new issue of Handcrafted Jewelry? I love this magazine! Its great for learning new techniques for a variety of materials; like resin, metals and fiber, to name a few. It also contains two of my projects (yay!) that feature techniques I use in my book, Enchanted Adornments.

I've been wearing this necklace constantly. As soon as I opened the box, this piece went on. It's hard to see from the picture, but there are lots of interesting items contained in that little glass capsule. I collected tiny crystals, bits of vellum with miniscule ink drawings and a single stripey moon shell.

When I worked on making the polymer bezel pendant for this necklace, I found it was easier to make them in batches of a dozen or so. It's pretty addictive- blending colors and brushing on finishing powders to the raw clay. Since its kind of a hassle to pour resin, I like to get a bunch of pieces together so I can finish them at once. Anyway, this project is easy and fun, perfect when you have a few friends over for craft night.

4 comments:

Alice said...

I picked it up yesterday but have not had a chance to look through it. Congratulations on getting two projects in the issue. They both are lovely.

TesoriTrovati said...

I do have to look for a copy of this magazine. What an honor to be included!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Paula said...

Hi- I love the glass capsule bead/focal piece and have searched everywhere for it. Where can I find one? Thanks!

Cynthia Thornton said...

Hi,
We have the capsules in stock, but don't have them on the website yet. Email Greg at greengirlstudios@gmail.com and he will give you all the pricing and whatnot. They are hand made and individually priced, so its hard to have them on the site. Or, you could go to any one of the shows we attend and look at them in person.