Saturday, November 06, 2010

contentment


Hi! Here's a picture Azalea took of Max and I while we were sitting on the porch practicing with the camera. I think she's a natural, but then I'm her mom, so I think she's great at everything. Its interesting to look at the photos she takes, most of them are odd; focusing on tiny details, or random shots of the sky. Sometimes, she catches really lovely moments, like this one. I believe I was daydreaming about a maple and smoked sea salt liquid truffle from The Chocolate Lounge. Or I was wishing, once more, that I could slow time and sit in the late afternoon, cuddling Max and watching Azalea dance around telling stories.

I took this picture a couple days ago, when it was about 70 and a tad breezy. Its 40 out we've got a fire in the hearth, Max is playing with wooden food and Greg is baking his amazing banana, walnut and coconut bread with Azalea. Its the very picture of family contentment. I think the only thing missing is Andrew, attempting to concoct the perfect hot chocolate to go with the banana bread!

2 comments:

Linda Byrd said...

Azalea's photo is beautiful. I love that you and Max are slightly off center, so that she could capture the fall foliage in the background. I was in Asheville a few weeks ago, and fell in love with the mountains. You live in a beautiful place!

Andrew Thornton said...

I've been practicing some new hot chocolate recipes. The next time I'm there, we'll have to give some of them a try.