Thursday, August 23, 2007

out and about



We spent the day having fun running around, going to the mall, inspecting our plants (check out our mini bog garden that Azalea is so proudly displaying) and cleaning up the studio. She has a desk set up where she paints and 'makes work' next to mine. She's getting pretty good. We put in a full day of sculpting and painting, I've got two pieces in progress- a painting for Greg's cd cover and a sculpture blocked out. It feels good to be productive.

We are going to Faerie Con! The promoters called back today to let us know we are in. Yay! I'm pretty excited. It seems like a lot of fun. Apparently, two masquerade balls will be held, one for good fairies, one for bad! I better get started planning my outfits. I'm envisioning antlers (I'm on a deer girl kick) but that might not be nice for whoever helps in the booth. Maybe wings, although everybody does wings...I could try wood nymph, with branches growing out of my head. How I love the silliness of it all! Well, I'm thinking of holding another contest, after visiting Jane Wynn's blog and seeing all the excitement. I really like her stuff, plus she seems so charming (http://idolatrieartist.typepad.com/jane_wynns_studio_a_visua/) so I'm working on a prize for a contest. It will go up tomorrow, good night!

7 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Congratulations!

Cynthia Thornton said...

Thanks! I can't wait!

melanie brooks said...

YAY, how fun! Congrats...

Unknown said...

That is so Wonderful to go to the fairies ball! I can only imagine what yalls costumes will look like!

Andrew Thornton said...

Oh! Goodie! I will definitely try and come down for a masked ball. We can think up costume ideas while I'm down there.

Perhaps I'll make an owl mask or headress. Maybe a few stencils for some air-brushed on spots. Hmmmm...

Maybe your next contest can be... "What will Cynthia be for Faerie Con?"

kelly barton art + design said...

congrats!

and could azalea be any cuter?
her name is so fitting

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hi Cynthia,

I just had a shipment of beads and a button arrive from Green Girl Studios, and I just wanted to pop in and say how much I love them. I'd had a bunch of them on my wish list for ages, but then Art Bead Scene ran that photo of your java pendant recently and my restraint snapped!

Congratulations on Faerie Con! I agree with Kelly - Azalea is a beautiful name!