Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hello! Lots of work getting done around here! I've been working on making bezels for either resin or polymer, which are pretty neat. I know they will be useful to all of the miniature painters and collage artists looking for ways to make their art wearable. I'll post pics as soon as I find the camara card.

For those patient souls waiting for your fairies, know that I am re-sculpting them so we can get some clean casts (the original mold broke right after we put her up on the web), I worked all day on her tiny face- she will be done in two shakes of a lambs tail! Promise!

I found a doll artist that I just LOVE. They are strange, creepy and utterly charming, I almost don't want to give the site away until I get my doll, www.strangedolls.net . Not cute, so prepare yourself. Seeing the artists creations instilled an intense desire to shirk my duties and make dolls, a past time I enjoy more than leather carving or felting, but not more fun than testing new brands of chocolate. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it (doll making, that is).

It seems my last post caused a stink! The phrase 'plotting revenge' although said in jest, has upset the balance. I'm actually nice, so revenge would be more along the lines of keeping the truffles, rather than parting with them (which is, come to think of it, horribly cruel). I'm also a firm believer in things existing in a circular sort of way...you know, what comes around goes around...etc,etc.

Well, I'm off to work late into the night. I found a quote that I'm going to use on my next piece, one that I think is resoundingly beautiful:

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul"
-Emily Dickinson

2 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

I think it is those who are guilty of transgressions that are usually the most concerned about "revenge". What punishment does a clear conscious search out? None. It's funny how one's own tongue is the best confessor of crimes committed both maliciously and innocently, known and unknown.

So hide the truffles from the self-confessed with gusto! Ha ha ha. :-)

I can't wait to see the new bezels! I've been working on a series of small, tiny collages looking for a wearable home!

claudine hellmuth said...

oh boy! maybe I can actually make some wearable art now!