Tuesday, July 14, 2009


Here's proof of the massive size of Frickademus! Note that the brown tabby resting next to the big blonde is Paddy and he's 15 lbs. Frick has lost a few pounds since his diet (no longer 30lbs. closer to 28 ), but he's still a nice armload of fluffy and emotional cat! I love him.

Its been one of those weeks where you think you know what your doing, but turns out you don't. For example, attempting to self medicate my long-lasting and still not gone ear infection by researching the internet and then carrying out said research. Intially, I went to my doctor, got drops and drugs and they worked for a day, then back to half deaf and in pain. I don't suggest ear candling when you have an ear infection, it burns like hell fire; also not fun is hydrogen peroxide poured into your head. I basically made myself worse. A lot in life can be compared to these moments, at least in my life. I tend to force myself to heal, push myself or others until the goal is achieved. This mostly works, but sometimes, it makes matters worse. Now I'm really behind schedule and as a list-making, workaholic type, this makes me crazy. I'm prepping for the Atlanta show this weekend and working on some new pieces, I'm hoping to finish everything before we leave. I guess I'm what you'd call an optimist.

7 comments:

mairedodd said...

and on top of everything, how you treat your ear infection has to take your baby into consideration too... so hard to be sick and pregnant... it's wonderful to be an optimist but be a realist too in terms of how hard you push yourself... you know your limits... and how pushing backfires sometimes... my kids would be rolling their eyes at me right now for giving you advice i need to listen to myself!
your kitty is adorable! i give you credit... it's hard to get one cat to lose weight when you have multiple cats in the house...
feel better - in all ways...

Cynthia Thornton said...

Sound advice! I went to an ENT on monday and things are getting better! It is hard treating illnesses when pregnant, I can't take normal medicines and am afraid to use ones prescribed. Thus all the homeopathic stuff. I just hope I'm all better before the show!

Anonymous said...

OMG, frick and paddy look soooo cute! i can't wait to cuddle and snuggle them next time i'm there!

Unknown said...

I hope your better very soon!
Thats right everything you take goes right to the baby, and when its ready to make a new part and cells its all from you. So eat good! But yall look like you eat well all the time. Wow that is a fat cat. Ive seen fat cats bf. How does one get a fat cat? Booboos bowl is full all the time with a good cat food but she never balloons out! lol

Andrew Thornton said...

Frick's not fat, he's just big boned.

Lori Lenzen said...

WOW, Frick is a large cat or should I say big boned! :-) Cute pic of the kitties! My ex-boyfriend's Mom had a cat about the size of Frick and I couldn't imagine picking him up! Hope your ear infection gets better soon!

Unknown said...

so cute! certainly looks like an affectionate, cuddle-able cat!

GL with the ear infection, they can be real nasty. When I was a kid I spent an entire summer with them going back and forth from one ear to the other, unable to go swimming even ONCE! I was not a happy camper to say the least

Emily