Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This afternoon, we thought we'd be discovering if Azalea would have a baby brother or sister, but discovered instead that the appointment is next week. Needless to say, I was disappointed after getting so excited, so I spent the next hour looking for one of those 3d ultrasound businesses. Asheville doesn't have one, so we didn't go and I consoled myself by making jewelry. My new acquisitions go with my collection of sparkly jewels perfectly, mostly labradorite and garnet, clear, pale greens and deep pinks of tourmaline. So, I spent the day laying out combinations of stones and thinking about the little baby nesting within me. I'm dreading the loss of my free time, but know how wonderful babies are, which makes that concern seem small. I suppose this means I need to work fast and finish lots of projects, since I'll be busy staring at the new 'freshborn' as my girl likes to call them. She's getting ready by practicing being a mama, birthing lots babies to care for. It's sweet, how nurturing she is. Anyway, we have another week to debate the issue!

5 comments:

susanc said...

Good luck! It must be hard to have to wait another week. You must share photos of your new jewelry creations! They sound beautiful.

Unknown said...

A hard wait! I think a boy!? You must have some wondourous names picked out?! I like Nate or Nathaniel but Ive got a Kibbe (boy) and an Adam! Show us a necklace or two! Hope your feeling good and getting lovely sleeps...xx

Cynthia Thornton said...

Susan,
It IS hard to wait another week! Partly because I like crafting for kids and knowing would help what direction to take. Although felt food would be a hit with either boy or girl!

Cynthia Thornton said...

Janet,
The debate is going strong! My mom thinks its a girl (because she wants it to be) and Greg's grandma says boy, because of some way to read a chinese calendar (i think-not sure how it works, but apparently she's never been wrong). So we shall see! As for the jewelry, I'll post directly, but I'm slow, you know!

Unknown said...

And you know you just have to call us immediately! I'm sure Greg will mainline it to Brandon as soon as he knows.

Felt teddy bears or rabbits or something would work either way, too. We need to get on the ball with the baby shopping.