Friday, January 23, 2009


Here's my girl, overlooking our playmobil world. We love the amazing toys from the german toy company, playmobil. Its detailed, sturdy and inspires imagination. Its also good for boys and girls. Its also good for me. I really enjoy making up stories and adventures for our cast of characters. Its very useful for moments when you can't make yourself sit at a desk for another ten hours. Which is why Andrew and I decided to recreate our little world by removing all the pieces, separating them into categories, reassembling the figures, then setting the whole thing up into a beautiful scene. We created an enchanted forest where wizard rabbits concoct magical elixers and lovely mermaids swim in lagoons. Sometimes my girl will tell me elaborate stories, with subplots and exciting endings, where the dragon wins.

I decided to take a break from my rigorous routine to relax. So, I set aside the piles of pmc components, the drawings and everything. I was tempted to get in the car and drive to the coast, just for a day. But I stayed here, thought about my story, which is turning into something bigger than I expected and read and drew in my sketchbook. It was nice. I also felt like a slacker, with my book due in less than a month and Tucson only two weeks away! I just won't sleep tonight. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

ourmoney said...

good blog !!!
how r u my friend
peace lover from Indonesia
good future for friendship all over the world
invite my blog and plz give ur comment

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun with the playmobil today! I love listening to Azalea's stories she makes up for them, it's so cute! You should take a day off to go to the beach, it'd probably be rejuvenating and uplifting and a nice treat for all!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

how adorable!

Unknown said...

Im thinking of you wirh lots of happiness today!! xox