Saturday, March 22, 2008




Hello. Its the first day of me home alone in ages. Greg and Azalea drove up to Ohio to visit family, while I lock myself in my studio to work on my book. It was hard to get started, my mind was scattered, so I spent a couple hours making tiny food for Azalea (she loves serving dessert). Determined to be productive, I ran some errands then came home to clean, which was tiresome. So, when most folks are settling down for the evening, I got to work. Hours later, I wrapped up my work session with a little pencil drawing of my girl. I find drawing one of the most relaxing things to do and try to draw every day. Mostly they are quick sketches, done to capture some idea or moment I don't want to forget. I am really forgetful of important things, like taxes or orders (thank goodness I'm no longer in charge of those!) but have an almost photographic memory of trivial things, like what I've eaten and where or bits conversations I've overheard. I listened to American Gods again and it was all new to me - remember to wear your respirator while mixing resin, protect those brain cells! Well, I have to take the puppy out, which is stressful late at night, I worry about coyotes or werewolves attacking me...it is a full moon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stuff. I see it in lots of beading magazines and I really, really like it. I'm 12 and I have my own beading business. I have a site on etsy and I also have a blog. I'm going to order some of your stuff and use it in my designs. I'm going to add your blog to my favorites list on my blog. Cambria

Jane Ann Wynn said...

AMAZING!
The warm tones of the paper and the brilliant strokes of the pencil...

You are so deeply talented.

Thinking of you...
xoxox

J a n e

Luke said...

That's a great post. I found a website on developing
photographic memory and I've tried the tips that they offer. They worked pretty well for me. It's at www.photograpic-memory.org

Sophie said...

Oh! I love the foodie items...and be careful re: coyotes...we certainly have our share...and we can see them albeit at a distance...I always hate walking the dog late at night as a result...I know a paranoid mama, no doubt but there you have it!