Wednesday, February 20, 2008

more goods

Hi! We've been sick, so I haven't done anything useful in days. Pretty much sleeping and reading and playing with playmobile all day. Which is fine, because I am still wore out from all that driving and shopping in Tucson. Here are some more treasures: top three drilled and carved stones are from Pat Jordan and the polymer pendant with the quote is from the lovely Heather Wynn. The drawing is of Azalea in her new cowgirl boots found in Nashville. I also got boots, mine in gator hide, which I felt drawn to (I grew up in Florida, always keeping an eye out for gators along shorelines- its my payback for all the missing kitties). Speaking of Florida, Greg and Bob Burkett will be in Jacksonville this weekend for the Bead Mercantile show. I think I'm going to sit this one out, I'm too sick to go on another roadtrip, which is a bummer because I could use some sea air. So, I think I'll work on new pieces and drawings. Its time to start a new sketchbook, I'm on my last page. Its always exciting to open a new book, wondering what experiances and ideas will be documented with ink, graphite and watercolor.

3 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

I probably got you sick. I wonder where I picked mine up, but then again we met so many people and the weather was pretty chilly at times.

I know what you mean about needing some sea air. I think I'll try to make a trip out to the beach as soon as I get some time off. I need a recharge, FOR REAL.

It's weird thinking about Jacksonville. I remember the first time we went to visit Dwayne there. Weird, eh?

Lorelei Eurto said...

Jacksonville is such a nice area! I work for an art museum and had to courier an exhibit at the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens. It was a fun trip.Very relaxing! I wish I could go down for the bead show, that would be sweet. I desperately need some warm weather myself!!

Anonymous said...

thank you kindly.
I think youre lovely too!

and Oh! how I would adore some gator boots. how cool.