Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Weasel is here!




Yay! Jessica Wiesel (aka Weasel) is visiting for a week! She arrived yesterday afternoon, so we made a nice dinner of a dish I call Bacon Rice (which includes bacon, caramelized onions, roasted peppers, portabella mushrooms an basil...simple and delicious) and a salad of heirloom tomatoes. We spent the rest of the evening catching up and telling stories, a nice way to spend Andrew's last evening with us before heading back to NY. Today we took it pretty easy, I gave Jess a quick wax working lesson and she picked it up remarkably fast. See the antlers she made for her dollhouse animal trophies? So good! I will show finished pieces soon. The top picture is of my new garden castle in progress, its almost done! I can't wait to cast it. It feels good to relax and get back to work chatting with my best buddy after an action packed weekend with my folks. I think the whole goal of the weekend was to spoil Azalea rotten! We threw her another party, with all her friends and the whole family, balloons, cake, presents and an exciting trip to Fun Depot. Everyone had a good time. I think I'm still tired. Well, I'm going to get back to my castle!

5 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

It was a lot of fun! Too bad my week there only over-lapped with Weasel's week one day. It's always fun to be around her!

Can't wait to see you all shortly.

Christina J. said...

I love that castle! It's fabulous!

Tom said...

W-E-A-S-A-L! Hooray!!

Unknown said...

Oh Cynthia that is lovely!!!! What beauty! Ohhh thats fine wine! You Artist you! Awww what will you cast it in pweter I surmise. What a treasure to have that. Will you make more and sell them? So nice!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I love Janet. she is so cute!