Friday, July 13, 2007

Wonder Cabinet


I found this delightfully strange blog featuring all manner of weird antique collectibles called The Wonder Cabinet ( community.livejournal.com/wondercabinet/ ) via Ulla's blog. I visit her site often to find interesting art - mostly artists making romantic, fairy tale work. Love it.( ullam.typepad.com/ullabenulla/ ) Today Sheila and I caught an afternoon showing of Harry Potter 5. I had fairly low expectations, fearing more pitiful acting (like the skinny bad guy who kept kept licking his lips -to show he was evil- in the 4th movie). I was pleasantly surprised with this one...I liked it a lot! My brother says there are all these descrepencies, frankly I couldn't remember the book (I found it mediocre), so Sheila and I enjoyed it. Greg and I then went to World Market and found some raspberry saki made by Momokawa and a few different kinds of chocolate. Should be really good. Its after 11pm, time to get to work! I'm a night owl, its nice and quiet and I've had the whole day to think about what to make. We will probably work on our stories, by discussing plots and characters. I have big plans to make a 1/12 miniature of one of the houses in the story. I love miniatures! Construction should happen this fall, when I should be working on new designs. I think making a dollhouse from my world would be more fun, although it would not help business much! We shall see, lately my productivity has been low....too much relaxing...so I need to kickstart my butt into action. Well, have a good night!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Great blogs...thanks for putting them up...I had to search for Wonder Cabinet, though...it should be this...wonder_cabinet...at the end. I'm looking forward to your book and seeing whatever miniatures you make from it!

Andrew Thornton said...

I didn't get the whole "licking the lips" thing. Was it because he was like a snake or something? Or just a bad actor?