Friday, July 27, 2007

summertime fun










Hi there! We've had a great time visiting with our friends Tony and Lisa Blackwell (returning from a long hiatus traveling around the western u.s.) and our long-time friend from school, Steve Keegan (from L.A.). We just finished tiling and sealing the floors, right before our friends got here, I haven't taken a picture, but I think it looks beautiful. I love having guests! Sheila and I have made lots of food and fancy drinks (the ones in the pictures are of one found in the june issue of Martha - its made with white sparkling wine,peaches,raspberries and basil- so good!). It was nice to have a break from renovating the kitchen (the countertops come next week). Greg has been reading the last Harry Potter book to Azalea and I at night, I want to know what happens, but I want it to last. I've designed some new pieces and worked on my story- it feels nice to allow time for it, like a luxury. Well, it time for some Harry!



1 comment:

Andrew Thornton said...

Awwwww. I miss you guys so much! It looks like you all are having so much fun! I hope you're having a good time with Tony and Lisa. I only met Steve Keegan once, but he seemed friendly enough back then.

Where is Baby One tromping around? The French Broad?