Saturday, May 07, 2011

new stamps for Andrew




















These are polymer test copies of the new stamps I carved for Andrew. Remember a few months ago I asked what folks thought I should make to help Andrew with his cancer bills? Well, a lot of folks mentioned making a painting, or a doll, which are good ideas, just a tiny bit too time consuming. Those things take ages to make, especially when my time is so limited, so he wouldn't see money for awhile. He thought the stamps would be a good idea since he could produce them himself. We talked about what designs to make and spent a pleasant afternoon sketching and drinking coffee. We agreed on these designs (although the serpent is a fun extra I knew he would like!) and I just finished carving them last night. I will carve more designs for GGS to debut at Bead and Button, but these little lovelies will only be available at Andrew's shop.

9 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh the bird and owl already have me gaga! Lovely stamps!!!

Lorelei Eurto said...

You always create such lovely things! Love all 4!

Unknown said...

Arent they wonderful! I esp love love love the bird and the owl. They will sell like hotcakes and keep him hopping! You always bring it Cynthia! xx

somethingunique said...

Hi Cynthia, wow you guys are so lucky to have each other, very inspiring & i love them all i especially love owls & skulls ttfn L:)

Gina Chalfant said...

I must have that bird! Beautiful work, as always.

Andrew Thornton said...

I appreciate this so much! It means so much to me. While the majority of it is paid off now, I've still got a small lump of medical debt I'm working away at. These will most definitely help with that!

The stamps turned out great! Can't wait to press some out! Thanks again for this!!!!

kate mckinnon said...

Truly lovely, as always, Cynthia!
I Iove the owl of course.

Elysian Studios said...

I love the owl in flight! You see an owl sitting so much, it's nice to see one in flight. This will be a very unique component! All of the other designs are wonderful as well, and I think this collaboration with your brother is quite beautiful!

Heather Powers said...

I love all of these. The bird and snake are ones I'll need to get.

I wonder if a snake clasp will be in your future Cynthia - there aren't many out there and I want some!