Friday, November 30, 2007

A felted Totoro I made for my girl.

Studio in the process of organization. This is a view from the entrance, standing in the closet.

Another view, from the back corner. Still needs work.

New earrings for the Orlando show.
Hi there! Busy around here, with the holidays and all. I find that this time of the year I feel like hibernating and not coming out till spring. So I've been putsing around the house, getting nothing done, feeling totally uninspired to do anything. I've slowly organized my studio, so that its easier to find things. My space has a tendancy to pile up wherever I'm working, not with trash, but with things that inspire me, or tools and materials. I like having it close on hand, but when you switch crafts as often as I do, things get a little confusing. I had been making felted cupcakes and cartoon characters when I realized that in a couple of days we would be leaving to go to Orlando for the Maitland Show. This happens fairly frequently, I tend to misjudge time. I always think I have loads and loads, then I have to work like a maniac. Thank goodness I'm fast. When I'm in a slump, when I can't manage to make anything good, when I lose things continously, I find its best to just give in for the moment and stop. I watch loads of movies when this happens. Its kind of like meditating, because I can let go of everything crowding my thoughts. I watched the Firefly series again and loved it even more than the first time. It was fun to escape for awhile. Although I don't recomend watching it while felting, you'll poke yourself silly. Anyway, if your in Orlando this weekend, stop by and see us!

4 comments:

Ulla said...

Love the Totoro, my daughter was obsessed with him for a while!!! Your studio looks magical, and full of inspiration...

E-Lo said...

I need to learn how to do felting! The totoro is so cute!

Love the new earrings too - you guys do such beautiful work!

Tom said...

Definitely an improvement from your previous studio digs. I really need to invest in some shelving.

Andrew Thornton said...

Are you all going to do the floors after Tucson? AND take a picture of you new cabinet. I haven't seen it yet.

Oh, and take more pictures of Girl. I miss her with all my heart.