Wednesday, August 08, 2007

small things

This is one happy girl! The tattoo isn't real (some folks asked - I wondered if they thought all the tattoos in movies were real too) its from one of our favorite restaurants, Mamacitas!


I filled these tiny little bottles (about an inch tall, the tall one still under 1 1/2") with little drawings, clay robin eggs, jewels and gold thread. I made silver caps for them, but they shrank too much and don't fit. I'm so annoyed I could start some really unpractical project and stay up all night (to squash the lingering agitation of the failed project).....I'm considering making a necklace of birds. Tonight. I have days like this all the time. I think I'm getting sick, woozy, itchy throat, no fun. I hate being sick, it hampers my work. Speaking of work, I've got a list as long as my arm of things to make. I have a lot of root babies to make, I'm already bored with the process (which is tedious building tiny armatures out of wire and aluminum foil) so if your waiting for one, don't bug me, or yours is last! ;) Well, the night is young, everyone is sleeping and its time to get to it.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love those bottles...what a great idea! and your sense of humor, too ;-)
Azalea looks great...her face is changing, getting more mature...like she is understanding so much more now, maybe? I think it is at three that a child starts to see herself as an 'I'...a separate person, maybe that's what I'm seeing.

Andrew Thornton said...

I miss that Baby so much! Not a Baby anymore though. Getting big now. Almost 3 years old. I can't believe it. It seems like only yesterday that she was a little podling.

The bottles are cool. Yo! Don't give up on the silver caps. If you made them out of the PMC... which I imagine you did, if you did a full firing, you can size them up by doing a bit of hammering and what not.

Maybe we can find smaller bottles or have Shannon make us some.

Unknown said...

I picked up stringing last night and saw yalls pendants on the cover...looking forward to looking inside the mag now! Your little one is a rose!
I hope your feeling better and dont get sick...:)