Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ft. Lauderdale

Azalea at Butterfly World in Ft. Lauderdale.



A picture of me, mid-sentence, taken by Azlaea.



Here we are in pretty Ft. Lauderdale, Florida! Greg and Bob worked at the show and had a fine time selling lots of beads. Azalea and I lounged around the hotel room and the pool, which was a pleasure considering what a nice place The Renaissance Hotel is. I could live there. When you check in at the desk, there is a glass of champagne with a raspberry floating in it, waiting alongside fresh baked cookies. It was also really close to the beach. One of the best things about Ft. Lauderdale is all the good food. We ate at 15th Street Fisheries, right on the water and had fun luring huge fish with crackers. I was startled by a tarpon - a fish that was easily 5-6' long. I wondered how good it would be grilled with a cilantro butter sauce.

The next day we went to Butterfly World and nearly cooked to death in the heat. The insects were awesome, I just couldn't believe how HOT it was. I took some pics of koi and moths for reference and then went to the show to shop. I found some gorgeous teal and raspberry colored rubizosite in some fun nuggets from Talisman Beads. Can't wait to add them to my hoard. Well, its time to get back on the road!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute.
you look tiny, cynthia =)

Unknown said...

Who, me? You're sweet.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

she is an artist like all of you!

great photo!