Saturday, October 20, 2007

autumn days

Hello! I've spent the day playing with my girl, looking for red leaves, twisty sticks and acorns (building materials for fairy houses). Asheville is downright heavenly in the fall! The sky is a perfect turquoise blue, so magical seen through a maze of red and gold leaves. We played for a long time, enjoying the sun on our faces and imitating bird songs. The house feels empty, Greg is at the Minneapolis show (The Twin Cities Bead Bazaar) and Andrew is back in NY, showing our goods at the Big Apple Glass Arts & Bead Festival and Sheila left for L.A. (to draw?paint?we always wonder what she gets up to). So being left to our own devices, we cleaned house, played, organized, relaxed and put off doing a custom job. My studio is a wreck, absolutely miserable. I dread putting away the mountainous piles acrylics, polymer and wax. Tomorrow I'll just have to grit my teeth and do it. I said that yesterday and got sucked into Etsy.com when my girl went to sleep, blowing any chances of work. I did find the cutest reversible pinnafores (dress/top) that I can't wait to put on my girl, check them out here.

6 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

Sounds like you're having a lovely time at home with Girl. I'm a little sad that the leaves didn't start changing until just when I was about to leave. Autumn in Asheville is truly an event.

I'm going to have to not go to the link you posted though. You know how easily I get hooked into buying things at Etsy. Don't forget to bring up my prints that came while we were in Philadelphia. Sheila said they came just as we left.

Ann said...

I love Etsy too! I prefer to support handmade over manufactured and lately have been picking up items on Etsy for gifts .

Andrew Thornton said...

Oh, my attempts to resist Etsy failed. I ended up buying artist made head pins that I saw on Art Bead Scene. I know that we could have done it and what not, but yeah.

Andrew Thornton said...

Yo! Check this post by Ullabenulla:

http://ullam.typepad.com/ullabenulla/2007/10/doll-link-and-t.html

Cynthia Thornton said...

I love those dolls! I MUST HAVE THEM! Hopefully they are really reasonable (yeah right!).

Sophie said...

The link didn't work for me...are they the ones by lassiegirl...those are *so* cute!