Monday, July 05, 2010

liquid sand


This big and beautiful bead was made by the talented Martha Proctor, of Liquid Sand Studio . Greg was set up near her at the Baltimore show and picked up a small collection of her beads and marbles for me. This one has such gorgeous colors! I am not sure how I'm going to use this bead........

Greg collects handmade glass marbles and thought this luminous bead looked like a burst of stars in a celestial blaze. It put me in mind of tiny beings floating in the ocean or fiery balls flitting through the sky. There was some debate of the best description for this particular piece.

These are smaller beads, but still reminicent of undersea creatures and outerspace. I collect glass beads and use very few of them in jewelry. I think the bead with the greenish bumps is calling for handmade chain and maybe labradorite or green amethyst.

2 comments:

peacockfairy said...

Wow - those are gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Thos are really exquisite beads! I have so much respect for the Lampworkers bc theres so much time and talent put into their work. Just gorgeous! Yes me too on the one with the greenish bumps!