Wednesday, June 02, 2010

under the sea


This is a new clasp that Greg carved. I love it. Its a touch taller than a quarter, but not so small its fiddly to open and close.

Greg was on an underwater roll! Look at his articulated crab! Its so super cute! I have one in my pocket, because its small and realistic and makes me think of Hawaii and Azalea trying to smuggle a baby crab in her pocket.

Here's my koi pond, cast in silver. I think its a pretty clean cast, better in person (the glare is hard to focus around). We've got the whole gang bustling around like a kicked ant hill. The energy is amazing and the ideas are flying around too fast to catch. Most of the pieces I've been making probably won't make it to production, but that's the nature of making art, only about 30 percent makes it to the table. I have a method I follow, first I sketch, then sketch more. Then I carve, but not just from the sketches, because its so easy to be inspired when everyone is sitting around the table working. Anyway, we're having a great time creating art and making food (Greg has mastered fall-off-the-bone ribs and I'm in heaven!). Yeah, life is good.

10 comments:

nina said...

i am always amazed at the detail of your beautiful pieces...these are incredible....

Alice said...

Oh sweet! I'm awed at the talent both you and Greg possess.

kate mckinnon said...

OMG, Greg, that CRAB!
I love the octopus and fish, also, Bob's ring, the koi pond. It's tremendous work and I can't wait to see it all.

And meet Max, of course.
Stephanie Sersich will have her new little boy Amos, too, most exciting. We've been fairly short on babies lately at that show.

Unknown said...

Ohh I love all of them but that crab isnt he lovely! Id like that crab with two holes as a connector piece!

Ellen Stoune said...

When will the new works be available in your shop? I have a birthday coming up and that crab would be perfect. Thanks!

Black Cat Ranch said...

LOVE, love, love!

Courtney Breul said...

Wonderful! I love the crab.

Trish said...

Absolutely fantastic! I love the koi pond clasp! Such beautiful work!

Unknown said...

The koi pond is awesome! :)

dbarbour said...

I am so pleased with your book that I'm purchasing more to give as gifts. The projects are so much fun, directions straightforward and the illustrations and stories accompanying each project are truly magical! Thank you for the YEARS of inspiration you have given me, from your wonderful bead creations to this terrific book!!