Friday, July 03, 2009
Photo Azalea took of Baby Cat from Sylvanian Families (or called Calico Critters) good sense of design, wouldn't you agree?
Pear and dark chocolate flourless cake with vanilla ice cream from Corner Kitchen Cafe, my new favorite restaurant.
I am not an early riser, never have been. This morning, I was up with the sun and marveled, as I always do, at how beautiful and quiet and strange the light is. I've been ill with an ear infection and an assortment of other unpleasantries, but sitting at the kitchen table with my book spread out and strawberry vanilla tea in the pot, I feel pretty content. I'm looking forward to operating at full capacity. This strange cloud muffling my head feels like I'm underwater.
I think I'll have a new appreciation for music, songbirds and my girls sweet voice. Maybe even my husband's robot music. Every morning I try to think of all the good things in my life that make me happy and thankful for while I'm getting ready. Sometimes my list gets lost amid chores and worries, but not today, I have alot to be pleased about. I think I'll list some of today's items (of course some things are always on the list):
1. My family, particularly Azalea.
2. The freshborn baby in my tummy (names we like lately are: Marcellus, Maximus and Googler -Azalea thought Googler Ogden had a nice ring to it)
3. My book looks damn good (I love Pam, the designer).
4. A new episode of True Blood comes on Sunday.
5. Mine and Azalea's doll collection (recent acquisitions: Sylvanian Families Brown Bunny Set and Mama Mole and daughter)
6. The Corner Kitchen Cafe
7. Birds- I love them, pretty much my favorite animal, except for Frick the 30 lb. cat.
8. My job, or our company. Its pretty cool.
9. My studio, even though its a mess, its a space for my own particular use.
10. Cake, which everyone should be thankful for, particularly chocolate.
What makes you happy?
Posted by Cynthia Thornton at 7:00 AM