Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby girl posing in front of a koi pond in downtown Black Mountain.

Sketch made with new pearlecent watercolors and they were only eight dollars! I love a good deal.

Azalea drew this picture of me (as a bear) with a baby in my belly. I love it. How do you like her hair? I cut it that morning, because it was getting in her eyes and she hates combing it. So, if your about to ask why I don't let her grow it out into long princess locks, I cordially invite you to chase her around with a brush! That'll cure that talk.
The last few days have been spent between knee knockin' nauseau and bursts of work. This will be the first time I'm not going crazy before Bead and Button. I'm too tired to agonize and start impossible projects that won't make it, like fully illustrating a new catalog or trying to produce a line of miniature dolls, with wing flap action. Not this time. I am approaching this like a Zen master, make some new beads and clasps, make sample jewelry, pack and go. No fiddling with mannequins in the shape of mermaids for display. I know it sounds wrong for me not to be pulling all nighters and guzzling coffee to stay awake, but I'm taking it easy this time and being practical. So far, I have a two peas in the pod pendant on my workbench, a heart link and a new small clasp for pewter. I'm also making new bezels with sculptures inside, for my one of a kind area. So, I think there's time for all that's on the list!

8 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

It's probably good that I'm not there. We seem to always over-extend ourselves as far as what we can accomplish when I'm around.

Azalea's hair looks cute and I agree, chasing her around is no fun. Also, when she does comb her hair, she only combs the sides and the front and the back looks like a little nest. I hope you have a picture of that.

Beth Hikes said...

So cute a big mama bear and a baby. What an endearing drawing :) I love Azalea's locks too. She's got that innocent Flapper like face that makes it so grown up all at the same time.

Melissa J. Lee said...

I love the baby bear drawing! Such talent.

Unknown said...

She's so cute. I remember I tried to comb her hair at Tucson, and she didn't take very kindly to it. How are you doing with the baby? I'm eating everything in sight and having to visit the chiropractor for the number this kid is doing on my back. I think it's going to be a big one, if my belly is any indication. Already I can't button any of my pants.

Also, I saw your book cover on Andrew's blog--love it! I miss you. We'll have to have a baby visitation plan once these are both born.

Anonymous said...

Azalea looks great at her easel! Congratulations to you too, Eva, I didn't know you were pregnant too! How exciting!

Unknown said...

I love the picture Azalea drew of you as the Mamma Bear with the baby in the belly--That was our first clue that you were pregnant. Awesome! Bruce and I hope to see you all at Bead and Button. Take care.

Gaea said...

How much is she going to love being a big sister! What a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

congrats Cynthia!!!!
I am overjoyed by the good news!!!